Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Same sh*t, Different Year

I had to work my night shift at the Nursing Home when the clock struck 2013. Did I notice it? No, cuz I was busy working on a patient then transcribing new orders and charting on a current matter. Only did I realize it cuz the visiting hospice nurse was on the phone to the hospital and her alarm on her watch went off then she mentioned it. By then it was like 12:04 am. . Don't get me wrong, I was trying to stay positive for the new year. I appreciate my new job and I knew I had to work but this night shift is killing me. I could never get used to it. No matter how long I've worked it. Our bodies just can't handle it! And it's always very busy. Hospitals don't close and sick people don't count holidays. I really never complained about my bankers holidays when I worked that field. I wonder what 12 hour shifts are like? I don't know.
So now it's 2013. I had to sleep my New Year's morning because of work and because I have to go in again tonight. I only got a few "Happy New Year" texts :( That makes me sad but the important people like my family and real friends at least I hear from. I need to stop expecting so much from my guy friends. That's where disappointments come from.
And that's my Resolution: to leave those men in the past and start anew, fresh, meet new friends. It's just that I miss them and I would have texted and I always do in the past. I just have to stop initiating now. Go on. Move forward. I've been trying to motivate myself with quotes, but it never really does anything....

Same shit, different year...

No comments:

Post a Comment